The aim of the NurSus project is to enhance the availability/relevance of a sound learning offer in Sustainability Literacy and Competency (SLC) in nurse education by developing innovative teaching and learning approaches and materials. Nurses work across borders; the availability of the NurSusTOOLKIT in a number of languages will promote coherency and support a framework for sustainability competencies across Europe.
1. Develop a detailed evidence-based resource on sustainability, climate change and health
2. Identify examples of good practice and opportunities for integrating sustainability into the nursing curricula
3. Develop and agree a Sustainability Literacy and Competency (SLC) framework linked to professional profiles within nursing
4. Design a SLC education programme with common e-modules and a variety of teaching and learning strategies/materials.
5. Test and implement innovative approaches and facilitate recognition and certification of skills and competences in sustainability and nursing.
6. Produce on-line teaching materials (NurSusTOOLKIT) linked to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS).
7. Disseminate outputs and promote uptake of the NurSusTOOLKIT